- Week 1 | God Does Not Tie His Shoelaces
- Week 2 | God Picks A Fight
- Week 3 | God Gives Love, Power, & Self Discipline
- Week 4 | Hero or Parable: The Power Idol
- Week 5 | Starve Comfort: The Comfort Idol
- Week 6 | Hidden with Christ: The Affirmation Idol
- Week 7 | The Snake Crusher (Easter Sunday)
About this Sermon
Out of Egypt
“Starve Comfort: The Comfort Idol”
comfort (n): a state of physical ease and freedom from pain or constraint
Autarkeia (n): a perfect condition of life in which no aid or support is needed
What does comfort require from us?
What does comfort do for us?
“A life with Jesus is most often really, really uncomfortable.”
2 ways we can grow in contentment?
- Starve Comfort