About this Series
You ask. We answer.
About this Sermon
This Week’s Question – Addiction
- What if we truly love God but struggle with an addiction?
- Is there grace for repeated sin despite how much we hate committing it?
- Don’t feed the addiction … STARVE IT!
- Addiction defined : we don’t control it, it controls us
- Denial: it’s not in control of me.
5 Types of Addiction
- Type 1: Socially-acceptable addictions (food, caffeine, social media, career)
- Type 2: Socially-NOT-acceptable (alcohol, drugs)
- Type 3: Generational (passed on to you, you’ll pass it to your kids)
- Type 4: Limiting (gambling, social media, eating)
- Type 5: Life-destroying
The Man & The Tree
“He breaks the power of canceled sin, He sets the prisoner free; His blood can make the foulest clean, His blood availed for me”
—Charles Wesley, “O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing”
Practical Ways In Finding Freedom from Addiction
1. Admit you have a problem
2. Get away from the world
3. Get filled with God
4. Get the right tribe (community)
- Confirmed addicts vs. Religious fakes vs. Recovering Addicts
5. Depend on God’s Power
6. Know Jesus loves addicts
Note: All Scripture references are read from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.