About this Sermon
“It’s respect for parents that is the basis for every kind of respect and every other kind of authority.” -Timothy Keller
How We Dishonor Our Parents
- We rebel against them
- We lie to them
- We disrespect to them
- We shut them out
- We resent them
The tougher the see (or admit):
- We harden our hearts to their needs
- We withhold esteem they deserve
- We don’t express appreciation
- We withhold forgiveness
- We get comfortable with distance
Ways to Honor Our Parents
- Ask God to heal the place in your life where you’ve been wounded.
- Respect them (& their need to see themselves in you).
- Prioritize your relationship with them.
- Express appreciation toward them on a regular basis.